So after writing the bulk of my NaNo in two days, I needed something light to work on. This meme, borrowed from azepherin
, was perfect. 1. Write down the names of 10 characters.
2. Write a fic of fifteen words or less for every prompt, using the characters determined by the numbers. Do NOT read the prompts before you do step 1.
1) James T. Kirk (Star Trek; mostly XI here.)
2) Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
3) Olivia Benford (FlashFoward)
4) Rachel Berry (Glee)
5) Rachel Dawes (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight.)
6) Ted 'Theodore' Logan (Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.)
7) Sam Winchester (Supernatural)
8) Janis Hawk (FlashForward)
9) Alan Shore (Boston Legal)
10) Jo Harvelle (Supernatural)1) First time, 4 and 6 (Rachel Berry and Ted 'Theodore' Logan) This was one I could have written 1000 words of pure crack on. I condensed.
"Even if you say no, you can sing backup," Ted promised.
She was ready. "Yes."2) Angst, 7 (Sam Winchester) Like it takes a full 15 words for Sam to angst?
The prospect of endless death and resurrection wasn't welcome. But there was no other choice.3) AU, 1 and 8 (James T. Kirk and Janis Hawk) This may have been the hardest one to write. I mean, isn't it AU enough already? But I tried.
Janis looked Kirk up and down. "Of all the lifeforms in this saloon..." she started.4) Threesome, 3, 6 and 9 (Olivia Benford, Ted 'Theodore' Logan and Alan Shore) Unless this was the hardest.
Ted grinned, eyes widening as he looked at Alan and Olivia. "Sixty-nine, dudes!" he crowed.5) Hurt/comfort, 5 and 10 (Rachel Dawes and Jo Harvelle) Ah, the strong women of my heart who died too early. This seems right.
"It's okay," Jo murmured, even as she untied the shaking woman. "Just get up. Run."6) Crackfic, 1 (James T. Kirk) *snorfle*
"Damnit, Jim, I told you to stay away from the girl on Chiron Beta Prime."7) Horror, 10 (Jo Harvelle) Too easy.
She didn't think being trapped underground in a coffin would faze her. She was wrong.8) Babyfic, 5 and 9 (Rachel Dawes and Alan Shore) Just not their baby.
"Your client broke the law, Mr. Shore."
"Because my client loves his children, Miss Dawes."9) Dark, 2 and 8 (Dean Winchester and Janis Hawk)
"What the hell- how is he still moving?" Janis shouted.
"You're not gonna like it."10) Deathfic, 2 and 3 (Dean Winchester and Olivia Benford) It KILLED me to not write a full-length fic for this one, but hopefully everything came through here.
Olivia called it herself.
But here he was, large as life. Breathing. "Change of plans."
:D You should all do it, that was brilliantly fun.
And now I want to write Supernatural/FlashForward crossover fic more than is humanly possible.